An official criminal court summons has been sent to Andy Hall to appear in person at Prakanong Court in Bangkok at 9am on 25th September 2015 to hear the Appeal Court’s ruling on an appeal by Natural Fruit Company Ltd. and the Attorney General on the Prakanong Courts dismissal of the criminal defamation charges filed against him by the two mentioned parties relating to an interview he undertook with Aljazeera English news in Yangon, Myanmar in April/May 2013.
Prakanong Court previously dismissed all charges originally filed against Hall in this case at Bangna Police Station in July 2013 as a result of an unlawful police and prosecution investigation process but Natural Fruit Company Ltd. and the Attorney General appealed the dismissal ruling to the Appeals Court.
Andy Hall on 24th August 2015 will also attend Bangkok South Criminal Court to hear that courts official ruling on whether to indict him for more serious computer crimes and criminal defamation charges Natural Fruit Company Ltd. filed also against him at this court in relation to Finnwatch’s publishing and dissemination of a report into conditions at Natural Fruit Company Ltd. facilities in January 2015.
Together the two sets of criminal charges against Hall carry a penalty of a maximum of 8 years imprisonment and exist alongside two civil defamation cases filed by Natural Fruit Company Ltd. at Nakhon Pathom and Prakanong Courts claiming around US$14 million (400,000,000 Baht) in civil damages.
BBC News: British labour activist Andy Hall on trial in Thailand
Bangkok South Criminal Court Defamation/Computer Crimes TrialCriminal Verdict IssuedSeptember 20th, 2016Bangkok South Criminal Court issued a guilty verdict in the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall computer crimes and criminal defamation case
DONATE NOW TO:
Name on Account: Mr A J Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to support Andy Hall via PayPal using account email@example.com which is also Andy Hall's email address to contact for further information
- RT @FNVMondiaal: .@Atomicalandy: 'My case as a human rights defender made some companies more aware and involved.' #worknowadays #fnv https… 6 hours ago
- 50,000 Defamation Suits May Be Dropped Wednesday in Thailand - and mine huh? Let's see. khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/… via @KhaosodEnglish 14 hours ago
- RT @FNVMondiaal: @SharanBurrow @jinsook_jin @Atomicalandy @SandraHClaassen @FNV @DeBalie Watch it live tonight at live.debalie.nl 14 hours ago
- 79,220 hits
- 8th Feb 2017 Press Release: Andy Hall’s Legal Team Appeals Conviction to Bangkok South Criminal Court
- Thailand 10th Dec: 110 Global Signatories Condemn Conviction of Human Rights Defender Andy Hall and Call Upon Thailand to Protect Human Rights Defenders
- English Translation – Bangkok South Criminal Court’s judgement from 20 Sept 2016 convicting me in #naturalfruit case
- Public Statement on Leaving Thailand: 7th November 2016 แถลงการณ์สาธารณะ เรื่อง การเดินทางออกนอกราชอาณาจักรไทย – 7 พฤศจิกายน 2559
- FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE – Thailand’s top court dismisses criminal defamation case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall
Thai Supreme Court w… on FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE… Ian Smith on จดหมายเชิญสื่อมวลชน รับฟังคำพิ… Thomas on Telegraph 19 May: British Acti… John Shepherd on Guardian UK : Andy Hall’… dmw1977 on Guardian UK : Andy Hall’…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets