An official criminal court summons has been sent to Andy Hall to appear in person at Prakanong Court in Bangkok at 9am on 25th September 2015 to hear the Appeal Court’s ruling on an appeal by Natural Fruit Company Ltd. and the Attorney General on the Prakanong Courts dismissal of the criminal defamation charges filed against him by the two mentioned parties relating to an interview he undertook with Aljazeera English news in Yangon, Myanmar in April/May 2013.
Prakanong Court previously dismissed all charges originally filed against Hall in this case at Bangna Police Station in July 2013 as a result of an unlawful police and prosecution investigation process but Natural Fruit Company Ltd. and the Attorney General appealed the dismissal ruling to the Appeals Court.
Andy Hall on 24th August 2015 will also attend Bangkok South Criminal Court to hear that courts official ruling on whether to indict him for more serious computer crimes and criminal defamation charges Natural Fruit Company Ltd. filed also against him at this court in relation to Finnwatch’s publishing and dissemination of a report into conditions at Natural Fruit Company Ltd. facilities in January 2015.
Together the two sets of criminal charges against Hall carry a penalty of a maximum of 8 years imprisonment and exist alongside two civil defamation cases filed by Natural Fruit Company Ltd. at Nakhon Pathom and Prakanong Courts claiming around US$14 million (400,000,000 Baht) in civil damages.
Andy on Twitter
- A great trip to Brussels, Belgium, the heart of Europe, to discuss the EU’s forced labour regulation. Very producti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- Abusive working conditions endemic in Spain’s strawberry farms, report claims theguardian.com/global-develop… 1 day ago
- RT @EC_magazine: 🚨 NEW: 8 of 9 of labour standards violated in UK supermarket fruit and vegetable supply chains. Find our new report here… 1 day ago
- RT @FocusOnLabour: Sara Thornton, the UK's former Anti Slavery Commission has called for the harms caused to workers on the UK Seasonal Wor… 2 days ago
- Financial Times 30th March 2023: UK retailers urged to compensate Nepalese and Indonesian ex-farm workers andyjhall.wordpress.com/2023/03/30/fin… 2 days ago
- 125,701 hits
NF Case Video Reports
Photo Gallery 2012 to 2017
Al Jazeera – interview with Andy Hall
DONATE NOW TO:
Donations to support Andy Hall’s campaigning and advocacy can be directly made to him via his bank account in the UK.
Name on Account: Mr AJ Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to Andy’s work via Paypal system using account email@example.com which is also Andy Hall’s email address
- Follow Andy Hall on WordPress.com
nice job Cary on