An official criminal court summons has been sent to Andy Hall to appear in person at Prakanong Court in Bangkok at 9am on 25th September 2015 to hear the Appeal Court’s ruling on an appeal by Natural Fruit Company Ltd. and the Attorney General on the Prakanong Courts dismissal of the criminal defamation charges filed against him by the two mentioned parties relating to an interview he undertook with Aljazeera English news in Yangon, Myanmar in April/May 2013.
Prakanong Court previously dismissed all charges originally filed against Hall in this case at Bangna Police Station in July 2013 as a result of an unlawful police and prosecution investigation process but Natural Fruit Company Ltd. and the Attorney General appealed the dismissal ruling to the Appeals Court.
Andy Hall on 24th August 2015 will also attend Bangkok South Criminal Court to hear that courts official ruling on whether to indict him for more serious computer crimes and criminal defamation charges Natural Fruit Company Ltd. filed also against him at this court in relation to Finnwatch’s publishing and dissemination of a report into conditions at Natural Fruit Company Ltd. facilities in January 2015.
Together the two sets of criminal charges against Hall carry a penalty of a maximum of 8 years imprisonment and exist alongside two civil defamation cases filed by Natural Fruit Company Ltd. at Nakhon Pathom and Prakanong Courts claiming around US$14 million (400,000,000 Baht) in civil damages.
Bangkok South Criminal Court Defamation/Computer Crimes TrialCriminal Verdict IssuedSeptember 20th, 2016Bangkok South Criminal Court issued a guilty verdict in the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall computer crimes and criminal defamation case
- เรียกร้องรบ.ไทยปกป้องคนงานพม่าหลังถูกฟาร์มไก่ฟ้องหมิ่นฯเพราะร้องเรียนถูกละเมิดสิทธิ prachatai.org/journal/2017/1… 1 week ago
- An appeal against the Prakanong Court's dismissal of both a number of additional charges in this counter prosecutio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- Meanwhile, in the related counter criminal prosecution case, Prakanong Court has already ruled to criminally indict… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- 81,617 hits
DONATE NOW TO:
Name on Account: Mr A J Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to support Andy Hall via PayPal using account firstname.lastname@example.org which is also Andy Hall's email address to contact for further information
- Finnwatch PRESS RELEASE 28 Aug: Judicial harassment waged against migrant workers’ rights defender Andy Hall gathers new momentum in Thailand
- Natural Fruit 100m baht civil defamation Aljazeera case against Andy Hall to commence 29th Aug
- Day One: Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall Counter Criminal Prosecution Case
- PRESS RELEASE 30th May 2017: Migration activist Andy Hall to launch litigations against Thai state prosecutors, police and Natural Fruit Company
- ข่าวประชาสัมพันธ์ วันที่ 30 พฤษภาคม 2560: นายอานดี้ ฮอลล์ นักกิจกรรมด้านแรงงานข้ามชาติ การย้ายถิ่น จะยื่นฟ้องอัยการ ตำรวจและ บริษัท เนเชอรัล ฟรุตจำกัด
Roger Tonge on Public Statement on Leaving Th… Thai Supreme Court w… on FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE… Thai Supreme Court w… on Media Advisory Monday 31st Oct… Ian Smith on จดหมายเชิญสื่อมวลชน รับฟังคำพิ… Thomas on Telegraph 19 May: British Acti…