BBC News: British labour activist Andy Hall on trial in Thailand
Bangkok South Criminal Court Defamation/Computer Crimes TrialCriminal Verdict IssuedSeptember 20th, 2016Bangkok South Criminal Court issued a guilty verdict in the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall computer crimes and criminal defamation case
DONATE NOW TO:
Name on Account: Mr A J Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to support Andy Hall via PayPal using account firstname.lastname@example.org which is also Andy Hall's email address to contact for further information
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- 78,070 hits
- 8th Feb 2017 Press Release: Andy Hall’s Legal Team Appeals Conviction to Bangkok South Criminal Court
- Thailand 10th Dec: 110 Global Signatories Condemn Conviction of Human Rights Defender Andy Hall and Call Upon Thailand to Protect Human Rights Defenders
- English Translation – Bangkok South Criminal Court’s judgement from 20 Sept 2016 convicting me in #naturalfruit case
- Public Statement on Leaving Thailand: 7th November 2016 แถลงการณ์สาธารณะ เรื่อง การเดินทางออกนอกราชอาณาจักรไทย – 7 พฤศจิกายน 2559
- FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE – Thailand’s top court dismisses criminal defamation case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall
Thai Supreme Court w… on FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE… Ian Smith on จดหมายเชิญสื่อมวลชน รับฟังคำพิ… Thomas on Telegraph 19 May: British Acti… John Shepherd on Guardian UK : Andy Hall’… dmw1977 on Guardian UK : Andy Hall’…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Finnwatch Press Release: Criminal case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall dismissed – again
FINNWATCH UPDATED PRESS RELEASE
Criminal case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall dismissed – again
An Appeal Court has today dismissed the Attorney General and Natural Fruit’s appeal on one of the cases filed by the pineapple company against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall. The case concerned an interview Andy Hall gave to Aljazeera in Myanmar.
The Appeal Court decision was read at the Prakanong Court – the very Court that dismissed the alleged criminal defamation case in the first place on 29 October 2014 due to a flawed interrogation process.
The Attorney General and Natural Fruit cannot appeal further to the Supreme Court.
– We are relieved and glad about today’s Court decision and that the legality of the previous dismissal has been upheld. Case is now closed, said Sonja Vartiala, Finnwatch’s Executive Director.
The case heard today is just one of four cases filed by Natural Fruit against Andy Hall. Hearings on the other criminal case will continue on 19th October when Andy Hall will be formally indicted for criminal defamation and a computer crime on a case that relates to the publication of a Finnwatch report that exposed labour rights violations at the Natural Fruit pineapple processing plant. This second criminal case is the most serious of all four, and carries a maximum penalty of seven years’ imprisonment.
In addition to two criminal cases, National Fruit has also filed two damages claims against Andy Hall.
Finnwatch and hundreds of other civil society organisations have appealed for the criminal proceedings against Andy Hall to be dropped, and for the Thai authorities to bring Natural Fruit to justice for the alleged labour rights violations at their pineapple processing plant.
For more information please contact:
1. Sonja Vartiala, Executive Director, Finnwatch: +358(0)445687465, sonja.vartiala (a) finnwatch.org
2. Andy Hall, Researcher: +66(0)846119209, andyjhall1979 (a) gmail.com, twitter @atomicalandy
3. Nakhon Chomphuchart, Legal Advisor to Andy Hall: +66(0)818473086, nakhonct (a) gmail.com
Q&A document, updated on 16th September 2015, is available here >> http://finnwatch.org/images/FINALAndyHallQA-September2015.pdf