- theedgemarkets.com/article/us-imp… 1 hour ago
- Financial Times, London 21st October 2021 - Malaysian rubber glove supplier to NHS Supermax banned by US for allege… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Supermax Malaysian Stock Exchange Announcement OTHERS Supermax Corporation Berhad ("SCB" or "the Company") - U.S.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- RT @aidilarazak: The earlier story: Workers complained of unlawful deductions of salaries and being "locked up" for mistakes made on the a… 18 hours ago
- RT @aidilarazak: Recently Malaysiakini published an article on alleged worker rights abuse at Maxter, a Supermax subsidiary. This morning,… 18 hours ago
- 104,804 hits
NF Case Video Reports
Photo Gallery 2012 to 2017
Al Jazeera – interview with Andy Hall
DONATE NOW TO:
Andy Hall has set up a YouCaring crowdfunding site to receive donations to fund his professional team of lawyers (and support other related case costs) to defend himself in the ongoing and unrelenting judicial harassment being waged against him by just a few irrational and vindictive companies in Thailand. See https://www.youcaring.com/andyhall-1151843 and you can donate there.
Donations can be directly made to Andy via his bank account in the UK.
Name on Account: Mr AJ Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 0701/635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate via Paypal system using account email@example.com which is also Andy Hall’s email address
Finnwatch Press Release: Criminal case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall dismissed – again
FINNWATCH UPDATED PRESS RELEASE
Criminal case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall dismissed – again
An Appeal Court has today dismissed the Attorney General and Natural Fruit’s appeal on one of the cases filed by the pineapple company against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall. The case concerned an interview Andy Hall gave to Aljazeera in Myanmar.
The Appeal Court decision was read at the Prakanong Court – the very Court that dismissed the alleged criminal defamation case in the first place on 29 October 2014 due to a flawed interrogation process.
The Attorney General and Natural Fruit cannot appeal further to the Supreme Court.
– We are relieved and glad about today’s Court decision and that the legality of the previous dismissal has been upheld. Case is now closed, said Sonja Vartiala, Finnwatch’s Executive Director.
The case heard today is just one of four cases filed by Natural Fruit against Andy Hall. Hearings on the other criminal case will continue on 19th October when Andy Hall will be formally indicted for criminal defamation and a computer crime on a case that relates to the publication of a Finnwatch report that exposed labour rights violations at the Natural Fruit pineapple processing plant. This second criminal case is the most serious of all four, and carries a maximum penalty of seven years’ imprisonment.
In addition to two criminal cases, National Fruit has also filed two damages claims against Andy Hall.
Finnwatch and hundreds of other civil society organisations have appealed for the criminal proceedings against Andy Hall to be dropped, and for the Thai authorities to bring Natural Fruit to justice for the alleged labour rights violations at their pineapple processing plant.
For more information please contact:
1. Sonja Vartiala, Executive Director, Finnwatch: +358(0)445687465, sonja.vartiala (a) finnwatch.org
2. Andy Hall, Researcher: +66(0)846119209, andyjhall1979 (a) gmail.com, twitter @atomicalandy
3. Nakhon Chomphuchart, Legal Advisor to Andy Hall: +66(0)818473086, nakhonct (a) gmail.com
Q&A document, updated on 16th September 2015, is available here >> http://finnwatch.org/images/FINALAndyHallQA-September2015.pdf