Prosecution seek to appeal Natural Fruit and Thailand’s Attorney General vs. Andy Hall Aljazeera interview criminal defamation prosecution case two times dismissal to Supreme Court.
The case (interview/prosecuted act done in Yangon, Myanmar in April 2013) was prosecuted in July 2013 and the criminal case was heard in a 6 day trial from 2-10 Sept 2014.
The case was dismissed twice by 1st instance Prakanong court (Oct 2014) and then by appeals courts (Sept 2015) already on the basis the case was an unlawful prosecution brought by the company and Thailand’s Attorney General (via Prakanong Prosecutor) against Andy Hall.
However today Andy Hall’s lawyers were informed both Natural Fruit & Thailand’s Attorney General/Prakanong Prosecutor have already submitted an official request to appeal this two times case dismissal to Thailand’s Supreme Court.
Apparently despite the original explanation the case was not appealable as point of law dismissed twice, a clause in the Thai criminal procedure/law allows for a request to appeal to Supreme Court that can be granted either by the Attorney General or the Court of 1st Instance.
In this case, the request to appeal to the Supreme Court has apparently been made to the Attorney General, the same person who is prosecuting Andy Hall.
Andy Hall and his lawyers must now wait and monitor to see whether permission to appeal to the Supreme Court in this case is granted or not.
- Financial Times, London 21st October 2021 - Malaysian rubber glove supplier to NHS Supermax banned by US for allege… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- Supermax Malaysian Stock Exchange Announcement OTHERS Supermax Corporation Berhad ("SCB" or "the Company") - U.S.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- RT @aidilarazak: The earlier story: Workers complained of unlawful deductions of salaries and being "locked up" for mistakes made on the a… 16 hours ago
- RT @aidilarazak: Recently Malaysiakini published an article on alleged worker rights abuse at Maxter, a Supermax subsidiary. This morning,… 16 hours ago
- U.S. bars Malaysian glove maker Supermax over alleged labour abuses - Reuters News 21-Oct-2021 08:50:50 AM Adds com… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- 104,803 hits
NF Case Video Reports
Photo Gallery 2012 to 2017
Al Jazeera – interview with Andy Hall
DONATE NOW TO:
Andy Hall has set up a YouCaring crowdfunding site to receive donations to fund his professional team of lawyers (and support other related case costs) to defend himself in the ongoing and unrelenting judicial harassment being waged against him by just a few irrational and vindictive companies in Thailand. See https://www.youcaring.com/andyhall-1151843 and you can donate there.
Donations can be directly made to Andy via his bank account in the UK.
Name on Account: Mr AJ Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 0701/635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate via Paypal system using account firstname.lastname@example.org which is also Andy Hall’s email address