Prosecution seek to appeal Natural Fruit and Thailand’s Attorney General vs. Andy Hall Aljazeera interview criminal defamation prosecution case two times dismissal to Supreme Court.
The case (interview/prosecuted act done in Yangon, Myanmar in April 2013) was prosecuted in July 2013 and the criminal case was heard in a 6 day trial from 2-10 Sept 2014.
The case was dismissed twice by 1st instance Prakanong court (Oct 2014) and then by appeals courts (Sept 2015) already on the basis the case was an unlawful prosecution brought by the company and Thailand’s Attorney General (via Prakanong Prosecutor) against Andy Hall.
However today Andy Hall’s lawyers were informed both Natural Fruit & Thailand’s Attorney General/Prakanong Prosecutor have already submitted an official request to appeal this two times case dismissal to Thailand’s Supreme Court.
Apparently despite the original explanation the case was not appealable as point of law dismissed twice, a clause in the Thai criminal procedure/law allows for a request to appeal to Supreme Court that can be granted either by the Attorney General or the Court of 1st Instance.
In this case, the request to appeal to the Supreme Court has apparently been made to the Attorney General, the same person who is prosecuting Andy Hall.
Andy Hall and his lawyers must now wait and monitor to see whether permission to appeal to the Supreme Court in this case is granted or not.
Bangkok South Criminal Court Defamation/Computer Crimes TrialCriminal Verdict IssuedSeptember 20th, 2016Bangkok South Criminal Court issued a guilty verdict in the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall computer crimes and criminal defamation case
- RT @LeaRankinen: Happy to host this #humanrights discussion together with our stakeholders. Looking forward to hear how to drive systemic c… 1 month ago
- RT @ErikaEriksson3: Kick-starting the day attending #torninaamu - S-group's breakfast event. Draft of in-depth #humanrights assessment mode… 1 month ago
- RT @KonradRehling: Andy Hall of @mwrnorg on electronics workers in Thailand: “They need to work excessive overtimes to be able to (financia… 1 month ago
- 83,402 hits
DONATE NOW TO:
Name on Account: Mr A J Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to support Andy Hall via PayPal using account email@example.com which is also Andy Hall's email address to contact for further information
- My statement and reflections: one year on after leaving from Thailand
- 25th Oct 17: Natural Fruit Executives Indicted/Temporarily Released on Bail Pending Criminal Trial in Andy Hall’s Counter Prosecution
- Finnwatch PRESS RELEASE 28 Aug: Judicial harassment waged against migrant workers’ rights defender Andy Hall gathers new momentum in Thailand
- Natural Fruit 100m baht civil defamation Aljazeera case against Andy Hall to commence 29th Aug
- Day One: Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall Counter Criminal Prosecution Case
Roger Tonge on Public Statement on Leaving Th… Thai Supreme Court w… on FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE… Thai Supreme Court w… on Media Advisory Monday 31st Oct… Ian Smith on จดหมายเชิญสื่อมวลชน รับฟังคำพิ… Thomas on Telegraph 19 May: British Acti…