Prosecution seek to appeal Natural Fruit and Thailand’s Attorney General vs. Andy Hall Aljazeera interview criminal defamation prosecution case two times dismissal to Supreme Court.
The case (interview/prosecuted act done in Yangon, Myanmar in April 2013) was prosecuted in July 2013 and the criminal case was heard in a 6 day trial from 2-10 Sept 2014.
The case was dismissed twice by 1st instance Prakanong court (Oct 2014) and then by appeals courts (Sept 2015) already on the basis the case was an unlawful prosecution brought by the company and Thailand’s Attorney General (via Prakanong Prosecutor) against Andy Hall.
However today Andy Hall’s lawyers were informed both Natural Fruit & Thailand’s Attorney General/Prakanong Prosecutor have already submitted an official request to appeal this two times case dismissal to Thailand’s Supreme Court.
Apparently despite the original explanation the case was not appealable as point of law dismissed twice, a clause in the Thai criminal procedure/law allows for a request to appeal to Supreme Court that can be granted either by the Attorney General or the Court of 1st Instance.
In this case, the request to appeal to the Supreme Court has apparently been made to the Attorney General, the same person who is prosecuting Andy Hall.
Andy Hall and his lawyers must now wait and monitor to see whether permission to appeal to the Supreme Court in this case is granted or not.
Bangkok South Criminal Court Defamation/Computer Crimes TrialCriminal Verdict IssuedSeptember 20th, 2016Bangkok South Criminal Court issued a guilty verdict in the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall computer crimes and criminal defamation case
- RT @CrCF_Thailand: ISOC has not withdrawn the defamation complaint against #3HRDs. Pattani Pros. issued an appearance summons 27.07.17 http… 1 day ago
- RT @fta_intl: Congratulations on winning FTA member of the year! Very inspiring work which helps #unleashopportunity globally https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @LeaRankinen: @sryhma'n #vastuullisuus'työ palkittiin kansainvälisesti. Kiitos kollegoille ja sidosryhmille @jsimolin @fta_intl https://… 2 days ago
- 79,763 hits
DONATE NOW TO:
Name on Account: Mr A J Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to support Andy Hall via PayPal using account email@example.com which is also Andy Hall's email address to contact for further information
- PRESS RELEASE 30th May 2017: Migration activist Andy Hall to launch litigations against Thai state prosecutors, police and Natural Fruit Company
- ข่าวประชาสัมพันธ์ วันที่ 30 พฤษภาคม 2560: นายอานดี้ ฮอลล์ นักกิจกรรมด้านแรงงานข้ามชาติ การย้ายถิ่น จะยื่นฟ้องอัยการ ตำรวจและ บริษัท เนเชอรัล ฟรุตจำกัด
- 8th Feb 2017 Press Release: Andy Hall’s Legal Team Appeals Conviction to Bangkok South Criminal Court
- Thailand 10th Dec: 110 Global Signatories Condemn Conviction of Human Rights Defender Andy Hall and Call Upon Thailand to Protect Human Rights Defenders
- English Translation – Bangkok South Criminal Court’s judgement from 20 Sept 2016 convicting me in #naturalfruit case
Roger Tonge on Public Statement on Leaving Th… Thai Supreme Court w… on FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE… Thai Supreme Court w… on Media Advisory Monday 31st Oct… Ian Smith on จดหมายเชิญสื่อมวลชน รับฟังคำพิ… Thomas on Telegraph 19 May: British Acti…