Prosecution seek to appeal Natural Fruit and Thailand’s Attorney General vs. Andy Hall Aljazeera interview criminal defamation prosecution case two times dismissal to Supreme Court.
The case (interview/prosecuted act done in Yangon, Myanmar in April 2013) was prosecuted in July 2013 and the criminal case was heard in a 6 day trial from 2-10 Sept 2014.
The case was dismissed twice by 1st instance Prakanong court (Oct 2014) and then by appeals courts (Sept 2015) already on the basis the case was an unlawful prosecution brought by the company and Thailand’s Attorney General (via Prakanong Prosecutor) against Andy Hall.
However today Andy Hall’s lawyers were informed both Natural Fruit & Thailand’s Attorney General/Prakanong Prosecutor have already submitted an official request to appeal this two times case dismissal to Thailand’s Supreme Court.
Apparently despite the original explanation the case was not appealable as point of law dismissed twice, a clause in the Thai criminal procedure/law allows for a request to appeal to Supreme Court that can be granted either by the Attorney General or the Court of 1st Instance.
In this case, the request to appeal to the Supreme Court has apparently been made to the Attorney General, the same person who is prosecuting Andy Hall.
Andy Hall and his lawyers must now wait and monitor to see whether permission to appeal to the Supreme Court in this case is granted or not.
Andy on Twitter
- A great trip to Brussels, Belgium, the heart of Europe, to discuss the EU’s forced labour regulation. Very producti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- Abusive working conditions endemic in Spain’s strawberry farms, report claims theguardian.com/global-develop… 1 day ago
- RT @EC_magazine: 🚨 NEW: 8 of 9 of labour standards violated in UK supermarket fruit and vegetable supply chains. Find our new report here… 1 day ago
- RT @FocusOnLabour: Sara Thornton, the UK's former Anti Slavery Commission has called for the harms caused to workers on the UK Seasonal Wor… 2 days ago
- Financial Times 30th March 2023: UK retailers urged to compensate Nepalese and Indonesian ex-farm workers andyjhall.wordpress.com/2023/03/30/fin… 2 days ago
- 125,701 hits
NF Case Video Reports
Photo Gallery 2012 to 2017
Al Jazeera – interview with Andy Hall
DONATE NOW TO:
Donations to support Andy Hall’s campaigning and advocacy can be directly made to him via his bank account in the UK.
Name on Account: Mr AJ Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to Andy’s work via Paypal system using account firstname.lastname@example.org which is also Andy Hall’s email address
- Follow Andy Hall on WordPress.com