Prosecution seek to appeal Natural Fruit and Thailand’s Attorney General vs. Andy Hall Aljazeera interview criminal defamation prosecution case two times dismissal to Supreme Court.
The case (interview/prosecuted act done in Yangon, Myanmar in April 2013) was prosecuted in July 2013 and the criminal case was heard in a 6 day trial from 2-10 Sept 2014.
The case was dismissed twice by 1st instance Prakanong court (Oct 2014) and then by appeals courts (Sept 2015) already on the basis the case was an unlawful prosecution brought by the company and Thailand’s Attorney General (via Prakanong Prosecutor) against Andy Hall.
However today Andy Hall’s lawyers were informed both Natural Fruit & Thailand’s Attorney General/Prakanong Prosecutor have already submitted an official request to appeal this two times case dismissal to Thailand’s Supreme Court.
Apparently despite the original explanation the case was not appealable as point of law dismissed twice, a clause in the Thai criminal procedure/law allows for a request to appeal to Supreme Court that can be granted either by the Attorney General or the Court of 1st Instance.
In this case, the request to appeal to the Supreme Court has apparently been made to the Attorney General, the same person who is prosecuting Andy Hall.
Andy Hall and his lawyers must now wait and monitor to see whether permission to appeal to the Supreme Court in this case is granted or not.
BBC News: British labour activist Andy Hall on trial in Thailand
Bangkok South Criminal Court Defamation/Computer Crimes TrialCriminal Verdict IssuedSeptember 20th, 2016Bangkok South Criminal Court issued a guilty verdict in the Natural Fruit vs. Andy Hall computer crimes and criminal defamation case
DONATE NOW TO:
Name on Account: Mr A J Hall
International Bank AC No (IBAN): GB27 NAIA 07011635 510284
Bank SWIFT: MIDLGB22
Bank BIC: NAIAGB21
Branch: Nationwide Building Society, Electra House 4th Floor, Swindon, SN1 5TY
Branch Sort Code: 07-01-16
You can also donate to support Andy Hall via PayPal using account email@example.com which is also Andy Hall's email address to contact for further information
- ITF welcomes ‘strong’ recommendations for Thai action over forced labour in fishing from ILO itfglobal.org/en/news-events… 14 minutes ago
- Pleasure to meet @GlenisWillmott today finally in person and continue to get encouragement from @davidmartinmep… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 49 minutes ago
- RT @AbbottKingsley: #Thailand: Concluding Observations of UN Human Rights Committee now available: tbinternet.ohchr.org/_layouts/treat… https://t.co/yce… 4 hours ago
- 78,112 hits
- 8th Feb 2017 Press Release: Andy Hall’s Legal Team Appeals Conviction to Bangkok South Criminal Court
- Thailand 10th Dec: 110 Global Signatories Condemn Conviction of Human Rights Defender Andy Hall and Call Upon Thailand to Protect Human Rights Defenders
- English Translation – Bangkok South Criminal Court’s judgement from 20 Sept 2016 convicting me in #naturalfruit case
- Public Statement on Leaving Thailand: 7th November 2016 แถลงการณ์สาธารณะ เรื่อง การเดินทางออกนอกราชอาณาจักรไทย – 7 พฤศจิกายน 2559
- FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE – Thailand’s top court dismisses criminal defamation case against Finnwatch researcher Andy Hall
Thai Supreme Court w… on FINNWATCH PRESS RELEASE… Ian Smith on จดหมายเชิญสื่อมวลชน รับฟังคำพิ… Thomas on Telegraph 19 May: British Acti… John Shepherd on Guardian UK : Andy Hall’… dmw1977 on Guardian UK : Andy Hall’…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets